Thursday, March 22, 2007

Bandana Purse

This purse is so easy to make! There's no sewing... just cut and knot!

You can buy bandanas at almost any dollar store or department store. Purchase two of them. Lay the bandanas out, wrong sides together, lining up edges as best as possible. Using fabric shears, cut 1" around entire bandana "sandwich" in one piece and set it aside to use as the handle. Then cut a slit every 3/4" cutting up to the most inner printed square on the bandana on 3 sides of the bandana. You will be cutting out the corners and discarding these small squares of fabric. Beginning at one of the corners, take one of the fringes from the top and one from the bottom and tie them together in a double knot. Tie one on each corner. Continue tying all around except for the top. This will be left open.

To make the handle, cut each long scrap into two equal pieces. Discard one piece and braid the other three together knotting at each end. Knot an end to each side of the bag. Iron the top fringes down on each side.

Very quick and easy! Little girls will love this!

3 comments:

Merry Strong said...

This is SO cute! It looks easy enough, even for me.

I guess I should mention that I have a 2 year old ($600) sewing machine, sitting here in my office, that I have never learned to use.

Bad Merry!

Bev said...

Oh my gosh, I would die to have your sewing machine!!! lol! Mine is one I borrowed from my sister about 10 years ago and never gave back! Guess I should invest in a new one for myself *grin*.

Anita said...

Oh now that is just too cute! Very quick and easy for my daughter to do. Hmmm ... why do I see many of them being made for friends? Well, actually, what might even be better is she's having a friend over all the time. Maybe this will make a great craft for her and a friend to do together.

Thanks Bev!