Monday, March 12, 2007

Crocheting...


Anyone like to crochet? I made several crocheted afghans about 15-20 years ago; the really big ones that would cover a bed. First I made one for my hubby (then he was just my fiance) 20 years ago, then I made one as a wedding gift for friends about 15 years ago. I had help when I made the second one.... my cat used to like to sit on my lap while I was crocheting. When I got to one end, I'd have to lift her up and set her back down on the afghan! I washed it several times before I gave it to them to get all the cat hairs off it! lol!

Now my daughter Jillian has gotten into both crocheting and knitting. She's still just learning, but not doing too bad. She made a headband to keep her ears warm. It looks very similar to this one.....

Next she wants to make a pillow. I'm anxious to see how that turns out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very sweet story! Thanks for sharing with us. It'll be in the next issue of Craft Carnival!