Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Online Art Classes?

My 16 year old daughter is very artistic. She can draw, paint, is a terrific photographer and is also very talented on the computer with graphic designing. So, we are looking into colleges or art schools for her as she's a Junior in High School this year. It will be quite an interesting journey as we watch her choose her own path as she creates her masterpiece.

We are getting more and more information about Distance Learning... while it sounds great, she could live at home and not worry about a commute, I'm having a hard time understanding how you can learn about art without any hands on experience. A very good school that is near us is the Art Institute in Pittsburgh. They are offering an online program for all kinds of careers in Art! That just amazes me.

I'm going to have to do some more investigating. While I know she wants to go away to school, this might be a way for her to earn some credits in her senior year before she goes away to college.

I'm sure I'll be posting more about her art career in the future! I'm going to have to scan some of the pictures she has drawn and post them.... wonder if she'll let me???

2 comments:

Digitalnomad said...

Looks great. I used to teach art, and my son is going to college for art.

Check out the Supercool School online. I did a post on this.

Cinnamon said...

I was looking for some good online school and I did look in to the Art Institute online. It looked good.