Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Silly Putty Recipe!

Remember the old days when we got some of that silly putty in an egg? Well, leave it to the Girl Scouts to again make this stuff and send it home with the girls! lol! My daughter had a blast with it last night!

Here's the recipe to make your own:

Silly Putty

Ingredients

1 cup white glue (Elmer's)

1 cup liquid starch

food coloring

First combine glue and coloring in plastic container. Next add starch a little at a time, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until

mixture looks rubbery and like putty. Add more starch if it is too gooey. Store in a plastic bag or an airtight container.

Bounce it, stretch it, make transfers of the comics — very useful stuff.

4 comments:

~*~*~*~*~ said...

This is great! I'll have to do this with the kiddos over Spring Break. We need as many crafty ideas as we can get. We're sticking close to home this year.

Thanks for stopping by MomGadget too.

Bev said...

My kids have always loved this stuff! And my youngest also loves making goo, but I hate that stuff! It's too gooey! lol!

Melissa_J said...

Thank you! This should keep my kids busy over Spring Break!

smalltownfun.squarespace.com said...

Thanks for the great idea! I posted your recipe and a link back here on my site here:
http://smalltownfun.squarespace.com/journal/2007/4/9/small-town-round-up.html
Love your blog!